Work Experience: 2 to 5 Years
Preferred Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related area / MS in Food Science or related area
The application scientist is part of the ROHA Application Team. This position is responsible for preparing, blending, developing, and formulating a solution to project requests made through ROHA Sales or as part of internal project directives. This role has the responsibility to liaise between Technical, Sales, Customer Care, Quality, and Operations Teams to ensure customer project needs are met in a timely manner. The application scientist will be required to provide technical support to all directed internal and external inquiries. This role will also require in-person customer visits where advanced technical guidance is required. Application scientist will manage associate scientists and/or lab technicians. All operating procedures, safety regulations, and policies set forth by the company must be followed; in addition, adherence to all local, state, and federal employment laws must be maintained. Follows all operating procedures, safety regulations, and policies and procedures set forth by the company in addition to all local, state and federal employment laws.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop technical solutions to customer-driven and marketing-driven food and beverage projects from bench-top to commercial scale levels. This requires being able to perform in laboratory, pilot plant, and plant processing environments
- Provides technical and application support to customers and builds insights based on development learnings that can be used to accelerate customer development timelines
- Develops and maintains close liaisons with technical stakeholders at key customers by delivering a superior customer service experience and value-added solutions in a timely manner.
- Continuously works with manager on improving technical sales support and internal technical customer support processes
- Retains full responsibility for managing and resolving strategic and sensitive issues and completes assigned projects in a timely manner and ensures all technical and customer requirements are successfully met
- In collaboration with the marketing department takes ownership of all technical support, prototype development, and product displays needed for trade shows, and other marketing activities.
- Continuously works with the manager on improving the overall technical expertise, scientific rigor and processes of the application team.
- Understands the chemistry and functionality of food ingredients in color formulations and remains current with relevant food and beverage industry trends. Trains internal and external customers as needed on all technical aspects of ROHA businesses.
- Provides internal support to high-priority projects and necessary technical training program updates
- Works closely with ROHA Production and Quality/Regulatory Departments to review, recommend and implement necessary changes to new and existing products through the manufacturing and QA/QC process as needed
- Approves specifications of raw material and packing material used for applications manufactured by the company
- Develops testing methods for all applications manufactured by the company
- Maintains a laboratory notebook and all required documentation for project work
- Completes monthly reporting, and reports all key project metrics, as required
- Ensures compliance with the regulations governing colors manufactured or distributed by the company in assigned regions
- Must be able to read, follow, and complete all Sample Manufacturing Log sheets
- Adheres to all safety and quality requirements, offers suggestions to enhance site safety, and reports all incidents/accidents to the management immediately
- Required to follow all SOPs, GLPs, and GMPs where needed
- Required to perform daily cleaning tasks to ensure a sanitary work area
- Strives to improve processes and reduce the overall cost
- Performs additional associated duties as directed by management
- Prioritizes and assigns necessary resources to complete tasks associated with duties and responsibilities
- Up to 40% travel
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related area from a four-year college or university; and two (2) to five (5) years related (beverage, snacks, meat preferred) experience or training; or MS in Food Science or related area with minimum two (2) years of food application experience (beverage, snacks, meat preferred) in a food company
- Experience with color/ingredient applications, customer presentations, program/system planning, statistical reporting/analysis and cost/benefit analysis preferred.
- In-depth understanding and practical experience with production/manufacturing are preferred.
- Ability to apply commonsense to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to work on cross-functional projects alone and as part of a team is critical.
- The ability to perform at a high level in a continuously changing work pace is essential.
- Work requires excellent written, verbal and group presentation communication skills.
If your profile matches to the above role , please share your updated profile along with your current CTC and notice period on firstname.lastname@example.org